Yes, my color-loving friends, it’s true: I’ve decided to make a big change here at Colormusing, taking it from e-commerce back to its blog-style roots. Downsizing, if you will. And I’m doing this for 3 reasons:
- My original intention for Colormusing was simply to be helpful and inspiring, but above all, I wanted it to be a place you can visit just to look at beautiful colors!
- I love the idea of what I’m now thinking of as “open-source color”, i.e. I’m not trying to sell you anything, just hoping to beautify my little corner of cyber-space.
- Frankly, I’m looking forward to having more fun focusing on my palettes and ideas, rather than on what might sell.
Aside: I am, in fact, still selling Colormusing products, but from today onwards, that’s only happening in my Etsy shop. What’s there at this moment is mostly physical products (hand-dyed yarn, my artwork on canvas, hand-knitted samples, etc., but I plan to start adding more digital download products (like my editable color palette files, photos, and backgrounds) very soon. End of aside.
What I would love now is input from you! What would you like to see here at the newly-imagined Colormusing? Comment below!
- More about palettes? How to create them, how to use them, or maybe even why you might need them?
- Graphic design help? Maybe you have an existing social media template, or logo, or flyer that needs a little upgrade; it would be great to start a series of what I call Graphic Makeover posts here! You could get some design input from me, while we work on color palette and other changes. Bonus: this will help other readers too!
- Color history? I’ve been reading a book lately about the origin of colors that’s absolutely fascinating, so if you’d like to know more, let me know!
- [Fill-in-the-blank with your own ideas!]
Looking forward to hearing from you! Colormusing may be changing in some ways, but it’s still ALL about hue!