Yes, my color-loving friends, it’s true: I’ve decided to make a big change here at Colormusing, taking it from e-commerce back to its blog-style roots. Downsizing, if you will. And I’m doing this for 3 reasons:
- My original intention for Colormusing was simply to be helpful and inspiring, but above all, I wanted it to be a place you can visit just to look at beautiful colors!
- I love the idea of what I’m now thinking of as “open-source color”, i.e. I’m not trying to sell you anything, just hoping to beautify my little corner of cyber-space.
- Frankly, I’m looking forward to having more fun focusing on my palettes and ideas, rather than on what might sell.
Aside: All that said, I am, in fact, still selling Colormusing products, but from today onwards, that’s only happening in my Etsy shop. (Like all of us, I do need to keep the lights on!) What’s there at this moment is mostly physical products (hand-dyed yarn, my artwork on canvas, hand-knitted samples, etc., but I’ve already started adding more digital download products (like my editable color palette files, photos, and backgrounds), and continue to add to these as inspiration strikes. End of aside.
What I would love now is input from you! What would you like to see here at the newly-imagined Colormusing? Comment below!
- More about palettes? How to create them, how to use them, or maybe even why you might need them?
- Graphic design help? Maybe you have an existing social media template, or logo, or flyer that needs a little upgrade; it would be great to start a series of what I call Graphic Makeover posts here! You could get some design input from me, while we work on color palette and other changes. Bonus: this will help other readers too!
- Color history? I’ve been reading a book lately about the origin of colors that’s absolutely fascinating, so if you’d like to know more, let me know!
- [Fill-in-the-blank with your own ideas!]
Looking forward to hearing from you! Colormusing may be changing in some ways, but it’s still ALL about hue!